Friday, January 6, 2012

The Best Start To Our Year

I just want to say "Happy New Year"! I know this is a bit late, but I have been trying to upload videos on this post and it just isn't working. So, I just have to post these pictures of how we celebrated our new year. On January 1st, my brother, my mom and another pilot flew 2 helicopters (from Prism Helicopters) all the way from the West Coast to our farm!!! Yay! It was a last minute thing and we couldn't have been happier. In the picture below, you can see Larry spray painting heli-pad circles just on the other side of our driveway. The rest of us were watching with total anticipation.






In this picture, Jeremy is landing with my mother on board and the other pilot, Tom, is coming in for his landing.




Here is my wonderful, awesome brother going to open the door for my mom.






After we spent a great night with our guests, having a bon fire, eating supper and just visiting, all my kids and Larry rode in the helicopters as they flew down to Red Deer in the morning. This is Rebekah in the back seat and Ben in the front.





Here, below, you can see little Jacob with Ben in the front seat and Jeremy making sure they are all secure.




This was such a great experience for my family and it was so good to see my mom and brother. The next day, my cousin and her family came for the night on their way home to Saskatchewan and that was a time of sweet fellowship. The night after that, we drove my mom and brother to the airport to fly home and that was the end of our visit, but what a blessing it was!





OK, I finally was able to put on one of our videos. Unfortunately, it's just a short one of the helicopters flying away with my family one board.
(Jan 16) I got another video on! The one on the bottom is of the helicopters taking off with Larry and the kids on board.










No comments:

Post a Comment