Friday, April 4, 2014

Could This Be Spring?

Wow! This has been a cold, snowy winter in Central Alberta. As it has been for a lot of you too. BUT, today, the sun shone warm (11 deg. C) and some of the snow started to melt. We really enjoyed spending time outside, soaking up all the vitamin D we could from the sun's rays.

After spending too much time inside doing things like; hop scotch on the concrete floor in the basement, exercise videos and this;

An indoor slide the boys made out of some plastic covered mats.

We got to go outside and do things like this;

playing soccer on the tiny patch of grass in our yard.


made snowmen

Jacob wanted to build a bat house

I even barbecued hamburgers for supper. I ate mine on Marcy's Cheesy Rolls from the Trim Healthy Mama book, pg 271. Instead of baking them, a friend of mine told me she used her waffle maker. I tried that and liked how they turned out, but I think they need more flavoring. I only used 1/2 tsp onion power. Maybe some of you have variations you'd like to tell me about.
It's starting to look like spring inside the house too. When I told a friend that I hadn't even thought of starting any vegetable seeds yet, she offered me some of her seedlings.  I told her I'd like to plant my garden in about 80% tomatoes this year and she gave me 49 tomato plants!  She also gave me some basil, celery and leeks. What a blessing!

This is how we are ending our day. The same friend that gave me all the plants sent this package home as a thank you for driving her children along with mine to various activities throughout the year.  In the package was, a movie, candy, apple juice, chips, microwave popcorn and hot chocolate. What a thoughtful gift. 

Our forecast is looking pretty nice for the next week. Tomorrow, we are looking forward to walking on the trails along the river that goes through our small town.

God bless!

This post is linked up to; Happy and Blessed Home

No comments:

Post a Comment