Tuesday, October 30, 2012

House Pictures

 
It is taking me so long to get pictures of our new house on my blog! I'm having troubles figuring out where to put everything inside, so I thought I would post some pictures from outside.
 
I took a couple of pictures today of the front of the house and our long driveway. You can see how much snow we have, which isn't much. You can also see the other side of the valley in the background of the 2 following pictures.  Again, this house used to be a duplex, that is why there are 2 front doors.  We hope to build a big entry on the front of the house with a wide veranda.  For now, we are so grateful to God for this house and property and we will just wait for His timing on the addition.
 
 


I love our long driveway.

There wasn't anything set up for our donkeys and chickens. So Larry and the kids quickly put together a barnyard for them.  When we first moved in, we just closed the gate on the driveway and let the donkeys roam in our fenced yard.  Larry and Ben moved the insulated chicken coop (shed) from one side of our yard to the other. They moved it next to a little wooden structure, that we are using for the donkeys.


Becky has helped Larry put up 2 fences now. She is a pro directing Larry to the right spot and in using the post pounder.


The fence goes down into the valley a little for the donkeys. I'm sad that they don't run anymore. Maybe next year Larry will make their area bigger.  I don't know if you can see Jacob in the picture below. He is laying down with the baby donkeys.  Look at the next picture and you will see.


Jacob stayed like that for a long time. I think all of them were sleeping, until Larry started his chainsaw right next to them!


The next picture is just another picture of the valley that is part of our property and also the other side.

The valley is to the east of us, so we have beautiful sunrises. Just look the next picture.  God is so good to us!


Lamentations 3:22-24
New King James Version (NKJV)
     (Through) the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”



2 comments:

  1. You got lots of work done outside! Yay! Love your updates about your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been through a lot of changes last year as well. I have enjoyed reading through and catching up on your posts. We have a lot in common and I can completely understand the emotions that must have gone into this move. Your new home is so charming and you have made it so beautiful and cozy.

    ReplyDelete