Tuesday, August 26, 2014

County Fair

Well, we did it again.  We weren't going to enter items in our fair this year because it is so much work. BUT, we couldn't help ourselves!  Once we realized we already had a few things ready, we decided to enter.  I won't detail every item this year because we finally started a file to put our results in, but here are just a few highlights.


I entered this canning jar sewing kit into the Bernardin Jar Craft Contest. I didn't win this year.  Someone entered one of those adorable soap pump jars (which I was going to make next year, but now I don't want to look like I'm a copycat) and they won.  But I like the way the sewing kit turned out.



Here is Rebekah with all her ribbons.  It is the first year she didn't get any 3rd place ribbons.  She also won the Junior Fleischmann's Yeast Bread Contest and she won 2nd over my 3rd in the woman's bread category!  We decided just to throw all our ribbons away right when we get home from the fair from now on, because there are so many and they just seem to lay around the house, so that is why Rebekah wanted a picture with hers.



Jacob did a great job on this wooden model truck and he won 1st place on it.  There is a lot more competition in Jacob and Ben's division than Rebekah's. So it's a little harder to place with any ribbons.

So, there is another fair come and gone.  We kind of still have the bug though and are already working on some projects for next year.


Update:  This is a picture of me with the Fleischmann's Yeast Bread Contest ribbon that was on the local newspaper Facebook page.




This post is linked up to; Sew Crafty Angel

2 comments:

  1. You all did such good work and I like the sewing kit jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I didn't mention that Ben won first for his brownies again for the 3rd year in a row too.

      Delete