Sunday, September 4, 2011

Why Boys Need Dads

I could not believe my eyes the other day. This is the sight I saw from my kitchen window. When I went out side to find out why my boys were rolling around in stagnant, stinky, slimy, froggy mud, they said, "Daddy said we could".
I am glad my hubby was home that day, because, of course, I would have said, "Get out of that mud!!!" What are you guys doing?!" But a man understands what it is to be a boy. It was so hard for me to know that they were in that gross water and even harder to help them clean off in the tub later. (because they stank so bad). My hubby knows what God was saying in Proverbs 15:13; "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Oh, how I don't want to "crush" my boy's spirits by not letting them just be boys. Help me Lord to not sweat the small stuff, but to love and encourage my amazing, wonderful boys. That they may have happy hearts.




















1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there to play with you, Ben and Jacob. It looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete