Friday, December 13, 2013

Steamed Cranberry Pudding


For the last few years I have been looking forward to a very big craft show in a near by city so that I can buy Cranberry Pudding. My friend, Lisa, showed them to me when we went together and I have bought one every year since.  When I bought it this year, I looked at the ingredients and thought, why not see if there is a recipe on the internet? The very first search result looked exactly right and when I made it, it was exactly like it! Now I can save that $20 that I spent on the pudding. The only real expense is the cranberries, but one package makes 2 puddings, so very minimal.

I found the recipe on All Recipes and you can find the original here.  I only made one change to decrease the amount of molasses a little bit. So here is my revised recipe;

2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c hot water
1 Tbsp sugar
1/3 c molasses
1 1/2 c flour
2 c fresh cranberries

In a bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the water. Add sugar and molasses, then stir in flour and cranberries.  Pour into greased bunt pan and cover with tin foil.  Place in a pot with 1" simmering water and simmer on low heat, covered, for 1 hr 10 mins - 1 1/2 hrs.

The best part about this recipe is the sauce, which calls for;

1/2 c butter or margarine
1 c sugar
1/2 c heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

Cook until hot and simmer for a minute or two. Serve over each piece of cranberry pudding.


This pudding is so good! I can't stop thinking about it. Thank you Jane Walker for posting your recipe on All Recipes!




This post is linked up to; My Healthy Green Family Happy and Blessed Home Living Well Spending Less

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome Chantal. By the way, I made this again after our dessert night at my place and I cooked it 15 minutes less (1 hour and 15 minutes) than I did that night and it was much better. It was soft and moist.

    ReplyDelete