Friday, February 8, 2013

I have No Greater Joy..

than to hear that my children walk in truth.  3 John 1:4

I have some exciting news to share!

The other night on Feb. 4, Larry and I had the privilege of leading Jacob to Christ.  Actually, it all started with a conversation Ben and Jacob were having in their room. Ben was telling Jacob about heaven and hell.  Then Jacob told Ben he wanted to go to heaven and Ben told Jacob to come tell me.
Jacob came running into the kitchenlooking very excited. He blurted out"I want to be a question!" I said, "You can't be a question."  It's a good thing he clarified himself and didn't just walk away thinking he couldn't be a Christian .
I started explaining the steps to salvation;

1.  Admit you are a sinner
2.  Know that the penalty for sin is death
3.  Believe that Jesus, being fully God, died on the cross as payment for your sins.
4.  Rejoice in your new life in God!

Then we went to Larry and he prayed with Jacob.  Jacob was so excited! And we just praised the Lord.  I have been praying that the second Jacob could understand the plan of salvation, that he would receive the Lord. What an answer to prayer.

Please Christian mothers, never cease in praying for your unsaved little ones. God hears your prayers!

Welcome to the family of God Jacob!

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! I don't think it's a coincidence at all you are the second person to "talk" about this in the past week. My youngest hasn't made that decision yet, or at least I don't think he fully understands and I just started praying for him recently because of a conversation between me and a friend. What a joy it is indeed!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Jacob. This is wonderful news for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good drawing Jacob. Would you like to phone me tonight and tell me all about what you and Mommy and Daddy did?

    ReplyDelete